Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-021464
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Sonic Healthcare is one of the world's leading providers of medical diagnostics, with a reputation for excellence in laboratory medicine / pathology, radiology and primary care medical services.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Sonic is the 3rd largest pathology provider in the USA, and has grown to become one of the world's leading healthcare providers, with operations in Australasia, Europe and North America.
We are looking for an experienced Internal Audit Manager to join our growing global Business Assurance program.
Based from our US Head Office in Austin Texas, the role will report directly to the US Business Assurance Manager and work closely with the Head of Business Assurance in Sydney, Australia. Together with the US Business Assurance Manager, you will contribute to the planning and execution of audit engagements across the US.
As a key member of our growing team, you will be provided opportunities to lead audit engagements and provided valued input into the development of the Internal Audit function. You will be a dynamic, resilient and adaptable 'self-starter', with the ability to build rapport with staff at all levels across the business.
This role offers a hybrid working arrangement and involves domestic travel of approximately 20% to attend locations across the USA.
- Provide input into the formulation of the annual US audit plan;
- Lead designated audit engagements, including planning, risk assessment, fieldwork and reporting;
- Assist with risk based assessments of core financial processes including identification of process design and internal control weaknesses;
- Develop and refine audit work programs;
- Clearly articulate audit observations and associated risks to the US Business Assurance Manager;
- Draft formal audit reports for submission to local management and concise audit reports for submission to US Senior Management and the Sonic Healthcare Audit Committee;
- Recommend commercially balanced, risk based solutions to issues identified;
- Present findings in a clear manner to Senior Management in both written and verbal formats;
- Maintain awareness of existing and emerging risks across the industry;
- Work with Business Assurance team members to build the functions 'data-analytics' capability; and
- Lead other special projects as requested.
Skills / Abilities:
- A motivated self-starter who is interested in the on-going development of the US internal audit function;
- An individual who is technically competent, effectively balances multiple tasks, and meets deadlines in a growing department;
- An interest and ability to form strong working relationships with staff at all levels and to maintain awareness of current and emerging risks that the organization is subject to;
- A demonstrated ability to critically assess the risks and controls within core financial and operational business processes;
- The ability to contribute to discussions around process and control improvements, championing a risk-based approach and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement;
- The ability to initiate and follow-up on internal control improvements whilst respecting the unique elements of individual business units;
- A collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- The ability to display sound commercial judgment, professional courage, a positive attitude, and the ability to maintain professionalism and composure under pressure;
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and a high degree of initiative; and
- A high level of integrity, values, principles, and work ethic.
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant internal audit or external audit experience, preferably including 2-3 years in a 'big 4' environment;
- Possess or are actively working towards an ACA or CPA qualification (CIA or CFE qualifications are advantageous);
- A working knowledge of IT General Controls, are a plus;
- Intermediate excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, PowerPoint); and
- Experience using data analytic software (i.e. ACL or IDEA), is advantageous but not essential.
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.